Every time I see a bird
I think of you
“Beautiful bluebird”,
You flew away
On Christmas day.
Is it sunny where you are?
Or is it dark
Like it is here,
For me?
And do you miss me
Like I miss you?
I wish I knew
I wish I could grow wings
Like you.
They say that time
Heals all wounds
But not this time,
Or these wounds--
I will keep them
Because they are mine,
And because they let me
Keep you.
So I guess sometimes
Birds are made
To fly away,
Just like the rain
Is made to fall
And just like
Loving you
Comes with tears
And all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Very pretty, Aimee!
That was really beautiful...
I'm sorry I haven't written you since this happened...I've been praying for you and your family.
I can't imagine what you've been going through and I pray you're able to find closure and peace through this whole experience.
Your mom was wonderful. The last few months of her time here she'd been emailing me quite regularly, talking about songs of mine she liked etc...she was so sweet and encouraging. She will be greatly missed.
Miss you Aims, chin up dearie xxxx
Niki
:(
its perfect aim
Post a Comment