Monday, December 12, 2005

SHADOW CAFE

A little about my job:
I started Sept 2nd, the day the kids started kindergarten again after Summer break. (It was also our anniversary but we clean forgot until October. --such love!)
It's not just an ordinary stage but a stage with a screen in front of us. There's all this cool lighting & the customers in the bar can only see our silhouettes. Anyway, I thought I could get away with wearing no make up but we do have to cross the floor to get on the stage so I have to wear make up & nice clothes & all.
My set includes rock, pops, oldies & any song I have a music track to.
It was really crazy when they thought I could manage singing at both branches of the bar. So I would sing one set, get in a car, run to the next bar, sing the next set, get in the car, run to the first bar, sing the next set (X3) all the while wearing high heels & remembering to bring my music with me. Not to mention that it was November & getting pretty nippy at night.
So the juggling fiasco ended after one month & I went back to one cafe a night.
Every one here smokes so much I find myself getting a sore throat every few weeks. I've had more colds these last few months than I've ever had my whole life.

No comments: