Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Dad's Phone Call & Other Happenings

Well, D called yesterday about Mom having cancer again. I can't believe this is happening now for many reasons & one is we don't know if they'll be able to make their trip. After looking so forward to it & buying tickets & thinking about all the fun things we'd like to do when they get here, it's pretty disappointing.
Then there is the main issue: how bad is it? Will she get better this time? I guess for now it's just the "waiting" that is so difficult. I'm kind of in denial because I don't even want to think about it.
Anyway, today I feel listless & faint & now I have to go out & work. I wish I could stay home with Mac & watch a movie & laz around. I miss him lately. Tomorrow is his birthday & we'll make him a special meal & get a cake because I probably won't have the energy (& skill) to bake.

Yesterday was the "Thank You" party for the teachers at Kindergarten because Carole will be graduating soon. We had lunch together (parents & teachers) & listened to a bunch of long speeches. Carole was in the bathroom for quite some time with tummy pains again.
The moms of the graduating children did our presentations that we had been practicing for.
Our group played our little songs & I sang "When You Wish Upon a Star", all dressed like a fairy.
Leila was naughty the whole time & wouldn't sit in the audience. Instead, she ran in circles all around me & the kids thought it was funny so she did it more. So everyone was there laughing at Leila instead of hearing my song which was fine with me because who wants to sing for all your kid's teachers & the whole kindergarten.

No comments: