


And now I have the lovely task of backtracking:
Dad & Mom were able to visit after all from March 23rd to April 5th. The kids had spring break, so no stress there with school in the mornings. It was a slow, sweet visit. Mom brought lots of nice clothes from the US. (Carole grew out of all her old clothes) When they first arrived I was all worried because D was supposed to call at the airport to let me know they arrived safely, but D was so worried they'd miss their bus into town so they called when they already were ready to be picked up. (Later D found out that the bus leaves every ten minutes. Hehehe)
We went to a few restaurants, had a sakura pick-nick, did some shopping, etc. But for the last few days of the visit mom & the kiddos got bad coughs. I think it was kind of cold for D & M, & mom's health is not that good these days. I went solo shopping when everyone was sick & got some presents for them to bring to J, S & A and the soon coming babies. We spent the last few days at home eating & spending time together. The kids enjoyed playing with grandpa & gave him a nick name "grandpa buddy". (Don't ask me why.)
After D & M left it was a major rush to get all of Carole's things ready for starting first grade. It was the very next day & I realized I had been so in vacation mode, I hardly cleaned the house the whole time they were here. Anyway, cleaning up took my mind off of the rainy weather & the fact that M and D had left & who knows when the next time I'll see them will be.

1 comment:
It was great fun visiting you, Mac & the girls. I wish it had lasted longer as the time just flew! As Carole said one day as we were going to the park & she saw a flower on the way, "I wish this flower would last forever!" I thought to myself, How deep! It was wonderful spending time with you guys & tx so much again for all the places you took us to & the gifts & presents. You're so thoughtful! I feel a little embarassed because I think I pigged out that last time when you & Mac took us to the sushi restaurant. Sorry!!! I miss you!
Post a Comment