Pie Crust (graham or whatever hard biscuit you want to use):
Mix in bowl:
-1 1/2 c. cookie crumbs (blend /or get kids to smash your cookies with a jar after placing them (the cookies) in a zip lock bag)
-2 tbsp sugar
-5 tbsp melted margarine
Put cookie crust mix into baking dish & pat it down with your fingers. Bake for about 8-10 minutes
Pumpkin Filling:
Blend together:
-1 1/2 c. pumpkin puree ( that's cooked smashed pumpkin, or what I did was buy frozen pumpkin, & you just take off the green peel --Japanese leave it on in the frozen packs, that way I don't have to cut it & steam it for like, forever.)
-1 c. heavy cream (just bite the bullet & spend that money on cream, I've made it without & it wasn't the same, but if u have to sub, I used melted vanilla ice cream & came out pretty yummy)
-3/4 to 1 c. light brown sugar
-1/2 c. milk
-2 large eggs (not those teeny eggs, if that's all you have use more eggs, this is your rising/thickening ingredient)
-1 large egg yolk
-1 tbsp. maple syrup (I've used maple honey or honey or molasses)
-2 tsp. vanilla
-1/2 tbsp. pumpkin pie spice (my kids hate cloves or nutmeg so I only use cinnamon)
-1/2 tsp. salt
-(I don't know how to trust eggs so I always add a spoon of flour or cornstarch, LHM, ha, but it's not in the recipe)
So you blend all that stuff together & pour into pre-baked crust
Bake in preheated oven at 425 F (220 C) for 15 min. (seems a little high to me-- I never go that high, but I have a hot fan oven)
Reduce to 350 F (180 C) for up to 45 min (My oven cooks faster than this so please also adjust this to your own oven)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
That looks like a good recipe, Aims. Tx for posting. Now I know what to make for dessert on thanksgiving dinner.
Aimee, you are a prolific cook & baker!! Sounds so yummy!!
Post a Comment