Thursday, October 09, 2008

Oatmeal & Chocolate Chip Cookies

This is one I've been making for years.

1 c. shortening (I use unsalted marg. because it's cheaper)
3/4 c. white sugar
3/4 c. brown sugar
1 egg
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp hot water
1 1/2 c. flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
I package of choco chips (I actually think it's better with RAISINS instead)
2 c. oats
Optional but yummy, coconut shreads


Directions:
*cream shortening & sugars
*add egg, hot water & vanilla
*sift in dry ingredients
*add chocolate chips (or raisins)
*add oats
*drop onto baking sheet by spoon fulls, (do not eat all the batter.)
*bake in preheated oven at 190 degrees C for about 8-12 min until slightly golden, not too brown (do not over-cook, they will not be chewy if u do.)

2 comments:

Hanna said...

LOL "do not eat all the batter"

Kim said...

Oh my gosh, another temptation! Hope to try it sometime!