Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Poem mom wrote

Yesterday I was a bit emo & teary, & it's no wonder I was after visiting moms blog, which is something I do when I need to be with her.

I found this poem there that maybe I must've missed, I didn't write a comment when she wrote it so maybe I didn't see it b4. Anyway, it made me sad because I wonder why she was always talking about "not doing enough", because we know it's not true. I'm thinking, "now why do have to go & write poem like that when you are the best mom ever". But I guess as clearly mentioned, she gave us the best things anyway, like her heart & love, & the sun, the moon & flowers. She gave them to us by giving life to us. Well, she will always be a tender part of us.
Anyway here's the poem:

i didn't have a lot to give--
just lots of prayers,
i'm sure of this.
i didn't have a lot to say--
just lots of love
thru night & day.
no fancy clothes to
clothe you in--
just the stars,
the sun, the wind.
no traveled roads
to take you down--
just the flowers all around.
no gifts to bring--
just songs to sing,
i heard their melody
before as birds took wing,
as eagles soar.
the world laid not
before your feet,
yet i loved you all
as love's complete.
i still with empty hands
do bring
the memories of love
and spring.
the memories so real
so clear
as treasures
as i held you near
each day with you
so precious, rare
i do not have a way
to compare
this love for you & how
i cared.
(except for the moment
i first held you close,
was deeper than
the deepest rose.)
my heart was all
i had to give,
my heart, my life--
as now i live
to say
my love is true
for you--
each night,
each day.
(For my kids, with love, Mom) May 2, 2007

4 comments:

Dossy and Bossy said...

Hi Amy (Hopie) dear,
Words are so inadequate....but I'm so very sorry for your loss. I knew she was sick but I didn't know anything about this until tonight when my husband found a post you did on Nikki's blog. It just makes me cry. What a wonderful mother, and a beautiful poem. A beautiful life. We're too young to lose our parents...doesn't seem right. I'll pray for you & your family. Love you lots. You're so brave.

Babylove said...

Waaaaa!! That was way too much for me. (Sniff!) You are indeed brave & I'm sending prayers your way (& your family's too) I feel the incredible need to be a better mother when I read that. Hug!!

Hanna said...

Yeah, when I read that poem I remember thinking that she might feel her time was up soon. I loved the part about clothing and the stars and wind. Very poetic! God, I miss her so!

angie said...

ughhh...
i cant stand it