Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Leila's Musings

One morning we were going through the usual frantic routine of getting the kids off to school. You know, having to remind everyone for the zillionth time to "wash your face after breakfast", "brush your hair", "don't forget your school bag & 'safety alarm bell'", "stop playing DS instead of getting your jacket on", etc.
As I was about to take Leila to Kindergarten she says: "Mom, when I grow up I don't want to be a mom. Kiki can be a mom & I can just be an auntie. I don't want to have kids" I felt sad & thought that it was about me nagging so much. I asked her why & she said "because kids are like us!"
I had to be all "oh, but I love you guys anyway & it's better than having no kids at all". I thought it was funny & insightful that she all knows that they are quite naughty sometimes. I never realised how much mom did for us & how rascally we were until after I had kids of my own.

1 comment:

Hanna said...

LOL, that's cute. WHenever my kids are naughty, my Mom says it's my punishment for how I was as a child. Ahem! (I must have been real bad then!) Mandy already has her kids planned: a boy and a girl!