Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Sick little puppies


Whenever the kids get sick, I realise how spoiled I am because they are usually so healthy all the time. I don't really know how to react to my kids being sick. It sorta comes at me from left field. I'm like, "oh yeah, that's right, I should bleach the dishes & we should wash our hands more often & buy yoghurt & bananas, that's good for sick tummies, right? (racks brain)"
Well, little Lina & now Leila are quite sick with some kind of tummy "wiirus", as they say here in Japan (virus). I'm tired because I've had some nights of interrupted sleep washing out gross sheets & pillowcases...steering the kids to get sick in the bucket or the toilet & not the bed. TMI.
The kids also don't know how to react to all the attention & sweet little nothings & cuddles that we shower upon their poor sick little bodies that they just feel they need to whine & be spoiled long after the sickness is over. "Mommie, I'm so sick I need 3 ice-creams", "nice try".
Lina is better now but she's still acting all fussy just to get attention. I guess a little extra love never hurt anyone. But it's kind of getting on my nerves.

1 comment:

Hanna said...

Yeah, we are also lucky that our guys hardly ever get sick. I do spoil them though, and I believe they milk it as much as they can. Oh well, one day they will be adults and have to drag their sorry sick asses to work, so might as well enjoy the pampering while you can!