Friday, April 24, 2009

Beautiful Spring

It's been gorgeous lately. The warmth-- without the mosquitoes & heatstroke. I only wish I had more pictures of the kids to post. I'm not one of those people who love to line the kids up & force them to smile all day for pictures like some moms I know. hehe. But as a result I have no pictures, & pictures last longer than the memories of being forced to take them. (I guess.)
Another thing that I've been thinking is that Julie really needs to update her blog already. Seriously! We miss seeing little Violet, & we're all busy moms around here so we know you are tired but just for us, could you please take a little time & sacrifice to make us happy & post forcryingoutloud. xxlove you, Jul. And come to think of it: Now that she's back in the atmosphere, Mars should start a blog pretty soon, what with her new computer & all.

Lately I've been enjoying reading. I didn't read a lot of books while growing up (I wonder why). But it's been great discovering a new hobby for myself. While I'm reading I become so absorbed in all those BIG words that all the sudden I feel like I'm the king of the world & that I can be a writer too. All day long I start thinking of all the cool things I'd say if I were a writer. And even just walking down the street listening to a dog bark takes on a whole new meaning as I try to conjure up prose about the way the dog happens to be barking.
Seriously, what some pathetic bored people will resort to.... When I finally come down from my book-reading induced stupor, usually after reading blogs by certain friends of mine with writing talent that far outshines mine, I get all disillusioned with myself. The only way I can comfort myself for my lack of skill with word usage is by saying: "Aimee, you know, sometimes simplicity is best". Simplicity: The reason why I can't for the life of me figure out a cool title for my blog other than "Aimee's Blog".
Anyway, moving right along. Leila is so happy to be turning 6 in 9 whole days. With that much anticipation, I'm surprised kids are not totally let down when the day finally arrives only to find we are having cake & ice cream--again--and getting presents that they will be bored with in a few days. Maybe birthdays only start turning into disappointment when you are a teenager so I guess I have a few more happy kids birthdays to enjoy before the girls are teens & need a car to happy. I used to be so disappointed after my birthday when I was a teen & I never got a car so that must be it.
Speaking of teens & growing up, I realised that our little family of girls probably doesn't have to buy another piece of clothing again ever. Carole is not as tall as me yet but my clothes fit her pretty much. I have a lot of cut off pants (Capri) that fit her like real pants so I haven't had to get her any clothes. So, we can keep passing the clothes on to the next kid & when they get to be teens, they can wear my clothes & provided I don't get any larger, (fat chance...get it ,"fat" chance...hmm so much for being a writer) we won't need any more clothes. Yay!! -And the reason I'm happy is that we are saving up to move into a better house. So, like what if we just want to buy clothes because we are girls & we like shopping.....

2 comments:

Hanna said...

LOL; that's cute about the clothes. I fit into Jason's clothes...
And YES: Julie and Marsi should work on blogs!!! Definitely!
Funny, I also got into reading books now. Granted, I read loads as a kid, but only in secret when I would steal them off my Grandma's shelves and then hide in the toilet at 2 a.m. Ha! Now I have a library card and the kids and I spend hours there. I strongly sugges "French Women Don't get Fat" and "Dvine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood". Movies are never the same, the book just takes you further each time you read it. Plus you can put it aside when important things (kids) come up. :-D

ang said...

ur awesome